Sunday, 14 February 2016

It's never too cold for ice cream at the beach...

I was wrong. Terribly wrong. It was freezing.

Today I went to Redcar beach and walked across the frozen sand. I also took my camera, looking for good photo opportunities. My hands became so numb and stiffened, that I could hardly move them to click the button on my camera. Luckily I still got some good shots, which I will show you below.

On the beach, Sorrel ran straight into a massive puddle. Sorrel isn't usually one to jump in puddles, so I'm guessing she must have mistaken it for normal sand. When she ran out she was soaking wet and shivering. Mum sighed, since she had just given her a bath yesterday. To me I would have described Sorrel as a 'salty sea lion'.

After the stroll on the beach and some filming, we went to get chips and ice cream. At first I didn't fancy any, but then I ended up stealing some of my mum's. For ice cream I got a chocolate cone and lots of chocolate sprinkles. Yum!

While I did have lots of fun, I would recommend waiting till summer to go to the seaside.

Delicious photos below (taken on Canon EOS 1200D).

Friday, 5 February 2016

Elbow infection! Another operation?!

The journey is not over yet; my arms are still not back to normal.

My left elbow has gotten infected... I'll explain.

On Tuesday I had the updated meningitis vaccine and felt fine. However, the next day at school I felt dizzy and my head hurt. That evening I laid curled up like a hamster under my dressing gown shivering with a high fever. The dizziness and headache had worsened and had been accompanied with feeling sick and muscle ache. These are all signs that I was happing a reaction to the vaccine, but what didn't make sense was that my elbow was (and still is) red, hot and swollen.

I tried to sleep it off, but it had only gotten worse, so my mum took me to the doctors. They could tell straight away that my elbow is severely infect, despite the low chances of infection after an operation.

I've been given 500mg flucloxacillin, which are the strongest antibiotics they could prescribe me. Also, they said if it doesn't clear up by Saturday then I'll have to go back to the doctors and need another operation to get rid of the infection.

Really hope it doesn't come to another operation!